Creamy tahini asparagus soup
ingredients: * 1 1/2 tablespoon extra v****n olive oil
* 1 bunch spring onions, chopped (roughly 1 cup)
* 2 garlic cloves, chopped
* 450g asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
* 1/4 cup fresh chives
* 2 2-inch pieces lemon peels
* 1/4 cup tahini paste
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* sea salt & fresh pepper
* asparagus ribbons
* chive flowers
* pea tendrils or baby greens
* tahini paste
1. heat a large soup p*t over medium heat. once hot, add the olive oil and onion, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, until soft and translucent. add the garlic, stir and cook for 30 seconds. add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute, then add the broth (or water), chives, and lemon peels. bring soup to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 10-15 minutes. remove soup from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. carefully transfer soup to an upright blender, add the tahini paste and lemon juice. blend on high for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. taste and adjust salt and/or lemon juice.
3. return the soup back to the soup p*t and bring to a simmer. garnish and serve hot.
What’s for dinner tonight? can’t decide between taco night or pasta? no problemo (like what i did there?) 😂 this recipe is pure gold, and you can change out your ingredient with whatever you have at home. you can’t go wrong with my creamy baked taco spaghetti. up on my blog now chacethecravings.com