There is some misguided perception that asians don’t face any sort of racism. i am not sharing this for any sympathy but i really want you all to see the kind of comments we regularly get. i have never thought it necessary to share who/what my type or whatever is just to prove a point.
i will say this:
1. i get this racist s**t quite often and i’d be lying if i said i never considered quitting journalism bc of these comments. i’m tough but not emotionless.
2. if i put a picture of myself out there, i understand i could get negative comments. that’s fine. call me fugly for all i care. if you think i’m super gross and my head’s way too big and my b***s are too small, whatever. honestly i kinda agree 😂. i do not fkn care. i do, however, draw the line at racist jabs. i do not find that acceptable on any corner of the internet.
3. fetishizing a certain race or *only* dating a certain race is dehumanizing. it’s not a compliment to me, nor should it be a compliment to any asian woman that some mfer solely dates asian chicks.
4. if you’re going to insult me, get your facts right. all of these tweets are erroneous.
5. if “dog eater” is the stereotype you’re still relyin on, you are remarkably uncreative. the ghost of my vicious a*s german shepherd will haunt you til the end of your days.