Follow @luxxurybeauty for more ❤️@ariba_pervaiz
do you “pineapple" your hair? this is how i get my volume and hairstyle to last all week long while i sleep on a silk pillowcase.
1. create a bun on the top of your head using a spiral hair-tie. it doesn’t dent your hairstyle and has a solid grip so one loop is enough. now your hair is up and away from rolling against your pillow all night.
2. dump your hair upside down and gather it inside a silk pillowcase. wrap it up as you would a towel when you get out of the shower.
benefits of silk:
* less breakage: cotton and other heavy fabrics absorb moisture your hair needs and the coarse fibres tug on hair causing split ends, weak strands and breakage.
* reduce bedhead: silk reduces frizz by keeping moisture in your hair. the static-resistant protein fibres glide your hair freely, minimizing tangles and bedhead.
* clean, healthy hair: similar to workout gear, silk regulates your body temp and wicks moisture and sweat, keeping your hair clean and dry overnight. it helps reduce sebum (oil) production so your next shampoo can be postponed. (i only shampoo once a week)
* grade a mulberry silk is best. it’s measured in weight rather than thread count. heavier silk is more durable, i recommend a minimum of “22mm.” my white silk pillowcase is 7 years old and the black is about 3.. both in mint condition. solid investment right? * you can also find vegan silk as an alternative to this protein fibre or polyester satin as a less expensive option. they are not as beneficial to your hair and skin but in my experience, they maintain your hairstyle almost as well as silk pillowcases. #hair#hairtips#silkforhair#silkpillow#pillow#hairstyle#hairsalon
Follow @luxxurybeauty for more❤️ by @makeupbydenise😍
•hair by: @iamalonzoarnold
•blowdry gel on cool until tacky
•add headscarf to secure wig until dry
•apply cap over hair to protect from combs & keep wig in place
•to remove wig, use a warm cloth/water to loosen up the glue first. it will rip out your edges if you try to s****h her off after a long day